Emotional Intelligence (EQ 2.0)
Emotional Intelligence refers to an array of non-cognitive abilities, competencies and skills that influence one’s ability to succeed in coping with environmental demands and pressures. The assessment measures emotional and social skills that influence the way we perceive and express ourselves, develop and maintain social relationships, cope with challenges, and use emotional information in an effective and meaningful way.
The following dimensions of EQ are assessed:
- Self-Perception Composite: Self-regard, Self-Actualisation, Emotional Self- awareness
- Self-Expression Composite: Emotional Expression, Assertiveness, Independence
- Interpersonal Composite: Interpersonal Relationships, Empathy, Social Responsibility
- Decision-making Composite: Problem Solving, Reality Testing, Impulse Control
- Stress Management Composite: Flexibility, Stress Tolerance, Optimism