Career Path Appreciation (CPA)
The Career Path Appreciation (CPA) is a semi-structured, one-on-one interview during which an individual has an opportunity to explore and reflect on his/her career, aspirations, the type of work he/she finds challenging and stimulating, and elements of work that frustrate him/her. The CPA Practitioner arrives at an understanding of the type of work that challenges and stimulates the individual at present (we refer to this as FLOW) as well as how this is likely to develop and mature over time.
The outcome of a CPA is a mutual recognition of the current scope of a person’s ability to make decisions (their current level of capability) and of their potential longer-term development (growth curve), using the The Matrix of Working Relationships (MWR) ©BIOSS as a theoretical framework. The CPA is always done face-to-face, either in person or remotely.
In summary, the (M)CPA determines an individual’s:
- Current capability to manage complexity, ambiguity, and uncertainty;
- Decision-making capability (operational through to strategic);
- Problem solving style;
- Theme of Work where he / she will experience ‘flow’ and engagement;
- Rate of growth and identification of future potential;
- Readiness for upward or lateral career movements.